- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1 cup frozen or fresh pineapple, strawberries or blueberries
1 cup chopped kale and/or spinach
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 1 scoop protein powder
Blend or Food Process
- 1 cup dry oats
- ½ cup flax seeds
- ½ cup crunchy peanut or almond butter
- 1 scoop protein powder.
**mix and add additional peanut or almond butter if too dry. Roll into ping-pong sized balls
FLOURLESS BANANA OATMEAL MUFFINS
- 2½ cups rolled oats
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed meal
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- ⅓ cup honey
- ½ cup nuts, finely ground
- 4 ripe bananas, mashed
- Heat oven to 400° F. Line muffin tin with paper liners.
- Blend about half of the oats in a blender to break them up (you’ll get a little bit of oat “flour” this way – the measurement does not have to be exact, as long as your start off with 2½ cups of dry oats).
- Stir together oats, baking powder, baking soda, and flaxseed in a large mixing bowl. Mix in yogurt, eggs and honey until combined. Gently stir in nuts and mashed bananas.
- Pour muffin batter into muffin cups, filling just below the top of the cups. They won’t rise much at all.
- 8 eggs
- 8 ounces cooked chicken
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 cup diced onion
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease 8 muffin cups or line with paper liners.
- Beat eggs together in a large bowl. Mix chicken, bell pepper, onion, salt, black pepper, and water into the beaten eggs. Pour egg mixture evenly into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in the preheated oven until muffins are set in the middle, 18 to 20 minutes.
CARROT CAKE OAT BAKE (freezes well)
- 2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (large-flake)
- 1 1/3 cups carrots (grated)
- 1 apples (peeled and grated)
- 1/2 cups raisins (mixed, and/or currants)
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/4 cups almond milk
- 6 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 cup pecans
- 3/4 cups pumpkin (mixed, sunflower, and/or sesame seeds)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease an 8 x 10-inch baking dish with coconut oil.
- Combine rolled oats baking powder, ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon, cardamom, vanilla, and salt together in a large bowl. Stir in grated carrots, apples, raisins and currants.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs, add in almond milk and 1 tablespoon maple syrup, and whisk to combine.
- Spoon the oat mixture into the pre-greased baking dish and pour egg mixture over to evenly coat.
- In a separate bowl combine the pecans and seeds with 5 tablespoons maple syrup and coconut oil. Sprinkle this mixture on top of oats and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until oatmeal is set and nuts are golden. Let cool slightly before serving.
NUTTY CHOCOLATE SMOOTHIE
1 tablespoon raw organic cacao powder
1 scoop of chocolate protein powder
1 peeled frozen banana
1 cup of plain kefir
2 tablespoons raw pecans
1 cup of spinach
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup plain kefir
- 1/4 cup diced apple
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon golden raisins
- 1 tablespoon hemp hearts
- 1 tablespoon slivered raw almonds
Combine in a bowl and mix well. Cover and refrigerate overnight to enjoy in the morning.
LUNCHES AND DINNERS
ZUCCINI LASAGNA (freezes well)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese (2 ounces)
- 1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- 2. In a large straight-sided skillet set over medium heat, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil. Add the onion and red pepper flakes and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is tender, about 8 minutes. Add the turkey and cook, breaking up any large pieces with the back of a spoon, until brown throughout, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the tomatoes and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer until it thickens, about 20 minutes. Stir in the oregano and salt. Let cool.
- 3. Slice the zucchini lengthwise into thin strips (about 1/8 inch thick). Put 5 or 6 zucchini slices, overlapping slightly, in the bottom of an 8 x 8-inch baking dish. Top with 1 cup of the sauce. Dot with 1/4 cup of the cottage cheese. Repeat the layers twice, alternating the direction of the zucchini. Top with the remaining zucchini and brush the top with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon oil. Dot with the remaining 1/4 cup ricotta and season with the black pepper. Top with the Parmesan cheese.
- 4. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, until the lasagna is bubbling and the top is brown. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- 1 serving:
- 8 oz chicken (baked, sautéed or pulled from rotisserie)
- ¼ cup each of sautéed (in light olive oil) red bell pepper, onion
- ¼ cup diced tomatoes
- ¼ cup diced avocado
- ½ cup brown rice or roasted potatoes (not if for dinner, use a bed of spinach or romaine instead)
- ¼ cup of cottage cheese processed with fresh lemon for “sour cream”
SWEET POTATO, BLACK BEAN AND KALE QUESADILLAS
- 1 small sweet potato
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 large onion
- 5 cup chopped kale
- salt and pepper
- ½ cup black beans (rinsed)
- ½ t paprika
- coconut oil for cooking
- sprouted wheat (Ezekiel) or brown rice tortillas
- Bake Sweet potato, remove skin and mash.
- Heat oil on low and caramelize onion
- Stir in Kale and cook until wilted. Season with salt and pepper
- Combine black beans and paprika.
- Combine ingredients and spread onto flat tortilla
- Cook on skillet, flipping after tortilla browns.
CHICKEN NOODLE-LESS SOUP
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 cup fresh, cleaned & diced carrots
- 2 cups fresh, cleaned & diced celery
- 1 tsp basil leaves
- 2 tsp oregano
- 3 bay leaves
- 4 cups organic low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups organic vegetable broth
- salt & pepper to taste
- Add all ingredients to a crockpot (except spaghetti squash) set on low
- After 6.5 hours, roast spaghetti squash at 425 degrees in the oven for 45 minutes
- Remove spaghetti squash & allow to cool 5-10 minutes, then fork spaghetti squash from skins & add to soup
- Allow spaghetti squash to combine with soup another 30 minutes
- Spoon, serve & enjoy
PASTA SALAD, 4 servings
1 c Cooked salmon or chicken
|16 oz||Tolerant Organic Green Lentil or Red Lentil Pasta|
|1||Orange or red bell pepper, diced|
|1 c||Portabella mushrooms, halved|
|2-3 tbs||Extra Virgin Olive oil or Avocado oil|
|Red Wine Vinegar|
|1/4 c||Extra Virgin Olive oil|
|1/4 c||Fresh Reggiano Parmigiano|
|1||Garlic clove, minced|
|1½ tbs||Italian seasoning|
|1 tbsp||Honey, Dijon or brown mustard|
|1 tbsp||Raw Honey|
|Pinch||Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste|
- Cook pasta as instructed on the box. Run under cold water and set aside in a large mixing bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix together all dressing ingredients. Set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, sauté vegetables until tender. Remove from heat and add to large mixing bowl with noodles.
- Pour dressing over noodles and vegetables and mix well.
- If you desire, top with fresh shredded parmesan cheese right before serving.
- Serve warm or cold.
Hearts and Turkey Salad, 4 servings
- 1 pound of cooked chopped smoked turkey breast
- 10 ounces of Romaine Lettuce
- 1/2 pound of drained artichoke hearts
- 1/4 pound chopped drained hearts of palm
- 1/4 oz. chopped Spanish onion
- 3/4 tsp. dry mustard
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup of red wine vinegar
Mix ingredients together, adding salt and pepper to taste.
Flank Steak Chopped Steakhouse Salad, 4 servings
- 1 lb lean flank steak, trimmed
- ⅜ tsp salt
- ⅜ tsp black pepper
- 2 romaine lettuce hearts, chopped, about 6 c
- 4 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1 lg carrot, chopped
- ½ med red onion, finely chopped
- ¼ c crumbled blue cheese
- 3 Tbsp light sour cream
- 1 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- ½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- PREPARE the grill for medium-high heat.
2. SPRINKLEthe flank steak with ¼ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Place the steak on a grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill 5 to 6 minutes per side, or until desired doneness. Transfer to a cutting board and let rest 10 minutes before thinly slicing.
3. MEANWHILE, combine the romaine, tomatoes, cucumber, carrot, and onion in a large bowl. Combine the blue cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, and the remaining ¼ teaspoon of pepper in a separate bowl. Add the cheese mixture to the romaine mixture and toss well to coat. Divide among 4 serving bowls and top each with ¼ of the sliced steak.
Shrimp Salad, 4 servings
- 2¼ Tbsp white wine vinegar
- ½ sp salt
- ½ tsp chili powder
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 c butterhead lettuce, torn into pieces
- 2 grapefruit, cut into segments
- 2 avocados, peeled and sliced
- 10 oz precooked shrimp
- 1 scallion, including top, thinly sliced
- 4 tsp chopped cilantro
- COMBINE vinegar, salt, and chili powder in small bowl. Whisk in oil. Put lettuce on serving plate or 4 individual salad plates. Arrange grapefruit, avocado, and shrimp over lettuce. Sprinkle with scallion and cilantro. Drizzle salads with chili dressing.
BROCOLLI APPLE SALAD, 2 servings OR make it a sauté and serve over brown rice or quinoa!!
- 1 small cucumber
- ½ head of broccoli (1.5 cups), chopped
- 1 apple, chopped
- 1 small squash or zucchini
- ½ t red onion
- ½ c avocado
- ½ cup chicken
- 1 t olive oil
- Juice from one lemon
- 1 c cooked quinoa
- sea salt
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 large pear or Apple
- ½ c chick peas
- 2 t fresh chopped parsley
- ½ c cooked chicken or salmon
CHICKEN SALAD FOR SANDWHICH (or serve over spinach for salad!)
- 2 cups chicken
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt (add more per your preference)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup seedless grapes, halved crosswise
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts (3 ounces)
MASON JAR SALADS, 1 serving each!
- 7 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 mini cucumbers, sliced
- pitted greek olives, sliced or chopped
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped or shredded rotisserie chicken
- ¼ cup cooked chick peas
- 5 cup chopped romaine lettuce or spinach
- Olive Oil and Vinegar
CHIPOTLE LIME CHICKEN
- ½ cup Cooked Brown Rice (leave out if for dinner)
- ¼ cup Cooked Chickpeas
- 7 cherry tomatoes, chopped
- ¼ cup Red Onions, chopped
- Chopped Cilantro, to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped or shredded rotisserie chicken
1/2 cup Chopped Romaine or spinach
Chile lime dressing
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon dried ground cumin
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
KALE AND SALMON
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 8 ounces cooked salmon (6 for dinner portion)
- tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper